Predator Gaming Mouse, Randomly stops tracking

Ramez
Ramez Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone!

I have predator gaming mouse model NP.MCE11.005, It used to work fine for the past year but now the tracker randomly stops tracking until i replug or keep moving it until it works again. The lights are still on and it clicks but the tracker randomly stops, I tried cleaning it with an air can at first thinking that it was dirty but that wasn't the case and I opened the mouse internal to check the cables and connections and everything was just fine. I also checked the BIOs and Steelseries engine and everything is up to date, so I don't really know where the problem is... I put my other mouse and it worked fine and didn't disconnect at all so its not from my laptop ( Predator helios 300 ), so I assume the issue is from the mouse but  I don't really know what it is. 

Thank you guys and have a nice day!

Best Answer

• Dewaynee
    Dewaynee Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Last year I bought a 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300 with a RTX2060 and I noticed a screen flicker happening every 15-30 seconds. Ran thru normal troubleshooting, called Amazon and Acer and did their troubleshooting and didn't fix it, I returned it. I mention that because I bought a 2020 Acer Predator Helios 300 with RTX2060 and this one has had no issues. If you are having issues, and have tried troubleshooting, looking for fixes online and called Acer to see what they said and it's still not working, file the return and get a new one. I know it sucks but rather to get one in working order for the money you are paying for your laptop. just my 2 cents.

Edited the content by removing non-related 3rd party links

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    What surface are you using for a mousepad? Maybe the laser isn't seeing enough texture to count as movement...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ramez
    Ramez Member Posts: 4 New User
    The predator mouse pad, I bought them as a set, it was recommended to buy it with the same mouse. I used it for more than an entire year and it worked flawlessly so I don't think the problem can be from the mousepad, but I did try using another one and it still randomly stops tracking. The thing is, the tracker stopping is inconsistent like its totally random and there is no specific pattern and unplugging replugging instantly fixes it.
  • Dewaynee
    Dewaynee Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Last year I bought a 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300 with a RTX2060 and I noticed a screen flicker happening every 15-30 seconds. Ran thru normal troubleshooting, called Amazon and Acer and did their troubleshooting and didn't fix it, I returned it. I mention that because I bought a 2020 Acer Predator Helios 300 with RTX2060 and this one has had no issues. If you are having issues, and have tried troubleshooting, looking for fixes online and called Acer to see what they said and it's still not working, file the return and get a new one. I know it sucks but rather to get one in working order for the money you are paying for your laptop. just my 2 cents.

Edited the content by removing non-related 3rd party links