Acer Swift 3 SF314-42-R9YN black lines going down screen issues?

jr500
jr500 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I got this laptop back in July from Amazon for college. I've been using it ever since. I don't game or anything on it, I just do school work and watch youtube.

Today I noticed these black lines going down both sides of the screens. It only appears to be noticeable when using dark modes I guess? Not noticeable in light modes.
I haven't dropped this laptop or anything, and now I can't unsee this. It's annoying and I wonder if my laptop display is faulty? 

Here are the images:

As I said before, it's noticeable in those darker modes, not lighter modes. It's not exclusive to google as it also appears in other apps like discord or websites like facebook. 
What's up with it? It's not that noticeable to be honest but like it seems faulty and I can notice it. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Check to see which version of the graphics driver you are running, those sometimes turn up when the drivers are having issues. Hardware is less likely, but possible. If you boot into the BIOS and look closely can you still see them? That would indicate hardware rather than software.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jr500
    jr500 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Check to see which version of the graphics driver you are running, those sometimes turn up when the drivers are having issues. Hardware is less likely, but possible. If you boot into the BIOS and look closely can you still see them? That would indicate hardware rather than software.
    I actually can't even notice it anymore. It seems like it went it away. Weird
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Isn't it frustrating when something fixes itself before you can figure out what caused it? :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.