acer-a5600u-ur11-will-not-boot-black-screen-unable-to start

Options
INCONGRUOUS
INCONGRUOUS Member Posts: 11 New User
Hi I was trying t update this machine but now it will start ,will show light blue screen and then will go to black screen , have done pretty much every thing which is suggested on internet .please advise if anyone got any solution .

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It might be running more updates during the black screen phase, depending on which version of Windows 10 it updates to it might be doing one of the bigger updates, and they can take quite some time to complete.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    So if the screen is showing anything then we can likely assume the monitor portion is working. You could check to see if the HDMI-In port is working by connecting a different video source. Your Aspire 5600U doesn't have the button that toggles source, I believe that's handled by the OSD menu. Do those buttons do anything? Next, what were you trying to update? A corrupt BIOS could give you a symptom that could fail before the Acer splash screen...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • INCONGRUOUS
    Options
    Thanks for your reply , i was trying to upgrade it from window 8 to window 10 , since last post it rebooted itself , worked well , successfully updated to window 10 and restarted . then to changed the place I switched it off , now its again the same , when u plugged in power light will lit even before pressing on button then light blue screen appear with some speaker noise and then it go to black screen
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It might be running more updates during the black screen phase, depending on which version of Windows 10 it updates to it might be doing one of the bigger updates, and they can take quite some time to complete.
  • INCONGRUOUS
    Options
    it started again and asked for bootable media , I put usb in and window 10 started straightaway with some loud beep sounds , every time its plugged off it will not start back again .? is there any point updating bios version or something
  • billsey
    Options
    Nope, we need to figure out what exactly is failing. Could you post images showing what Disk Management shows for the partitions? Also look in Event Viewer to see if it's throwing any errors during startup or during shutdown. If it's booting from USB and not from the internal drive then there's likely something wrong with the internal drive...
  • INCONGRUOUS
    Options
    I have restarted it few time ,it can boot without usb now , window 10 is working well ,there is new ssd hard drive installed and no errors - I have not plugged this off in last few days as this only happens if I plug this off or change room etc , second I check bios firmware is one model older I have p11A3 now its p11A4 on acer website , not sure is it worth updating it or not
  • billsey
    Options
    No, the A4 version is not for upgrades. It shipped with the last models built and is included for recovery on those systems only.
  • INCONGRUOUS
    Options
    now I unplugged the system again after 4 days of working perfect on window 10 , can not restart it again , it will turn on and speaker will make some noise it will go to light blue screen then to black screen . tried all keyboard keys and short cut , last time is reset it by removed jump and put it back on and it worked , but not sure what is the actual problem and how to fix it ,
  • billsey
    Options
    Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery yet? You may be getting the BIOS settings corrupted each time you power off if the battery is bad...
  • INCONGRUOUS
    Options
    Nope ,I have not - where is the battery located if you know ? 
  • billsey
    Options
    I'm afraid it's not for the faint of heart... The CMOS battery is under the motherboard, so the MB needs to be removed to access it. It's one of those types with the two wires going to a connector, and is held in place with something like double stick tape.
  • Mycanthus
    Mycanthus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I was running into a similar problem.  I did a clean install of windows 8.1 I downloaded all the updates and everything seems fine.  Now it booted up fine before, but after reinstalling Windows, every time I turn off power to it, it goes to a black screen that is on.  The fan and everything is on, just doesn't boot, there is no boot beep either.  When I undo the back, take off the jumper and wait to boot the PC (with no power to it) it'll boot up.  It'll restart but the moment I shut down and try to restart, It does the same thing.  This will only work if I reset the jumper.  
      I did locate the CMOS battery (thank you @billseyfor the location)and hope the one I ordered from Amazon will work.  I'm just curious if there is some sort of software setting that is changed or I need to change in Windows that was set by the default Acer Software that isn't in a fresh install of Win 10 or Windows 8.1 (in my case).
      I'm curious if replacing the battery solved your problem @INCONGRUOUS

Thank you for your time.