How to get lighting option on predator for Predator Orion 3000 P03-600

Aussierules123
Aussierules123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
When I open Predator Sense there is only an option for Fan Control and Monitoring. However I would really like the lighting option is there a way to update predator sense?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    Predator Sense can only work with the hardware you have. Your model doesn't have the hardware built into the motherboard to control the LEDs. You'll have to go with a third party solution for colors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SharoFF
    SharoFF Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

When I take my serial number for my desktop, it does say P09_600_RGB, but I cant find that fan lighting control either =/ 
  • billsey
    Here's a picture of the MB:
    Look at #s 3, 5 and 17 to see what's connected to what internally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SharoFF
    SharoFF Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

What should I be able to see from that image? 

3 and 5 looks like 4 pins FAN controllers, but 17 is different? But i'm not sure what the are and what they do? 

https://www.acer.com/ac/da/DK/content/support-product/7954?b=1&pn=DG.E16EQ.006&sn=DGE16EQ0069150406C9600
    Can you out of this serial number see whether  "This model have the hardware built into the motherboard to control the LEDs." 

• billsey
    edited November 2020
    3 & 5 are four pin with voltage and R, G, & B returns, the Acer LED connector is more complex:
    OC_BTN is the overclock, I believe.