Acer Aspire A745-74G - Touchpad option missing in BIOS and mouse settings

Frimlik
Frimlik Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2020 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hello,

I have got an Acer laptop. I wanted to set touchpad edge scrolling, but I realised that I have no Touchpad or Elan option in my mouse settings and even no Touchpad or Internal pointing device in BIOS. Touchpad drivers as well as IO drivers and BIOS are all up-to-date. So where is the mistake?
The OS is Windows 10, 64-bit.
Touchpad is working including gestures and touchpad option is also in Settings.

Thanks for any response.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I think Acer has removed Touchpad options from BIOS for certain models, as long as your Touchpad works you don't need to worry about it, I would suggest you use Touchpad settings under main Settings.

• Frimlik
    Frimlik Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I see.
    As I wrote, scrolling with only one finger is the only thing I'm missing regarding the touchpad and have no idea where to set this. The question is whether this touchpad supports such a function, but I bet yes.
    Cherry on the top would be touchpad icon in SysTray, but maybe it's also not supported.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Unfortunately, one finger scroll and System tray icon both are missing in the HID-Compliant mouse😥
  • gracias13
    gracias13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have acer aspire 5 and it doesn't have touchpad option on bios and also the synaptic are not working at all. I am fed up with the acer laptop. Very disappointed with it as I couldn't get any solution for it.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi gracias13,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Hi me too, my touchpad is missing in settinigs and Bios acer aspire5 a514-54G,  i did all online steps, still end up using external mouse
  • maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    is there any fix now?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi maribeau,

Tap on F7 or press and hold Fn and tap on F7.
  • gurudt
    gurudt Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have bought Acer aspire 5 touchpad not working. Please help it is only 2 weeks still under warranty

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

As suggested above, verify you don't just have it turned off. Then look in Device Manager to see if it showing an error for either the touchpad or a USB port/host.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.