AN515-54 performance question(senua's)

Kayv
Kayv Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought this model a month ago and tried to play hellblade senua's sacrifice just to be disappointed by the performance, it runs stuttering a lot (graphic settings in high and very hight). Has someone tried this game on this model and been able to run it smooth? Is there a way to like lock the fps to 60? Cuz I've seen them go from 120 to 54 and I think that's the problem

Answers

• Broken8Ball
    Broken8Ball Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Well, that sounds like a case of fps spikes from internet lag. It is common to see lag spikes/fps drops during gameplay if your internet is quite slow. If you have an option to put fps and ping in like the top corner, try that. If your ping goes up during an fps drop, you know you just need better ping. Maybe get closer to your router/get a new router. If that isn't the case then it could also could just be the fact that you have it running at very high settings. It can't really run "smooth" on any laptops except for very, VERY, nice laptops on high settings. Try turning down the settings and checking your router/connection. If none of this works try talking to the actual support team or take it to a shop to see what's wrong.

Note- I am not a rep for acer nor do I work with them in any way, I am a person who likes repairing computers, not for a living, for fun.
    I'm 8Ball, I try to help as best I can. If the news isn't good, I'll deliver it. 
    Games that are worth checking out: Destiny 2, Minecraft, Modern Warfare, Warframe, Ghostrunner, Enter the Gungeon......
  • Kayv
    I don't think is because of the internet cuz other games go really well, like genshin impact, apex legend and halo master chief collection, btw my pc has the Intel I7 9th gen and RTX 20260 (wich I know performs a little worst than gtx 1070)
  • Philgoodcs
    Philgoodcs Member Posts: 24 Networker
    the charger doest give enough power...
  • Kayv
    the charger doest give enough power...
    Yeah, I thought so too because battery goes from 100% to 96/95% even when plugged in, but I think I have the correct charger the one of 180w unless there's is one like 200 or 210w