Predator 300 - Keeps boot up same settings / files

Options
ferto
ferto Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone!
I have a wierd problem. For the last 2 days, my laptop boots up and I can't find anything I downloaded from the previous session and I see some applications which I uninstalled earlier are still there. It's like my laptop restores itself to a date it chooses and it won't save any changes I make until the next shutdown/restart. 

For the last 2 days, I am in touch with Microsoft support team. So far, we have tried to complete windows updates, restore to a point, reset pc and even clean install of windows 10. All failed for some different reason but mostly Blue Screen (System Service Exception)

Please help if you have any idea!

Best Answer

• ferto
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    ferto said:
    Hello everyone!
    I have a wierd problem. For the last 2 days, my laptop boots up and I can't find anything I downloaded from the previous session and I see some applications which I uninstalled earlier are still there. It's like my laptop restores itself to a date it chooses and it won't save any changes I make until the next shutdown/restart. 

For the last 2 days, I am in touch with Microsoft support team. So far, we have tried to complete windows updates, restore to a point, reset pc and even clean install of windows 10. All failed for some different reason but mostly Blue Screen (System Service Exception)

Have you tried reinstalling the OS using OEM media..? if not please try it

Yes, I have but it did not work.

Anyway, I took my laptop to the Acer Service (Istanbul) last week and they told me that the main SSD(with OS) and the mainboard are faulty and need a replace which would cost about 1550$(~12.000 Turkish Liras). I did not accept that deal because the repair cost is much more than a brand new laptop.
    So, I got my laptop back, unplugged the main SSD and installed Winodws 10 to the secondary SSD (Nvme also). I have been using the laptop for about 6 hours now and haven't seen any problems so far.

I think my problem is solved somehow but I am definitely disappointed with Acer's service/parts pricing policy.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    ferto said:
    Hello everyone!

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • ferto
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    ferto said:
    Hello everyone!

Yes, I have but it did not work.

Anyway, I took my laptop to the Acer Service (Istanbul) last week and they told me that the main SSD(with OS) and the mainboard are faulty and need a replace which would cost about 1550$(~12.000 Turkish Liras). I did not accept that deal because the repair cost is much more than a brand new laptop.
    So, I got my laptop back, unplugged the main SSD and installed Winodws 10 to the secondary SSD (Nvme also). I have been using the laptop for about 6 hours now and haven't seen any problems so far.

I think my problem is solved somehow but I am definitely disappointed with Acer's service/parts pricing policy.