Acer spin 5 (2 in 1 // SP513) - multiple display crash

Vietdude11
Vietdude11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I have an acer spin 5 (2 in 1) with an i7-8565 CPU and I use it with the standard GPU, the Intel UHD graphics 620. Now here is the issue, I use my laptop as my main productivity laptop, and I have it plugged into two external displays/monitors. I use OneNote for university, and whenever I use it with my acer stylus, since this laptop is a two in one, the screen flickers big time and goes grey for a couple of seconds every, single, TIME I write on a page, ANY page on OneNote. After a few attempts, the screen goes completely grey and is frozen, despite the fact that the laptop is still running, since I can still hear my spotify music connected to my earphones. 

I find this completely abnormal, and it is INCREDIBLY irritating and frustrating that I paid this amount of money for a 2-in-1 and it can't even be used with multiple displays.

Also, despite the fact that I have multiple chrome tabs open, multiple firefox tabs open, word docs and other applications running in the background, my CPU and GPU usage are not even at 10% usage. RAM is the only thing that is being used a lot (70-80%), so that cannot be the issue.

I have also tried updating the driver for my GPU, but to no avail.

I literally do not know what to do from this point on, since not many people use a 2 in 1 with multiple displays and less so with my specific model.

Do you guys have any suggestions? please?

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

Frustrated acer customer 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Well, although you say ram can't be the issue, when you run low on physical memory the system starts using swap space to move the contents of 'less important' memory to disk. That results in a *huge* decrease in performance, even if you have a SSD instead of HDD. Do you see the symptoms when you are under 50% usage on the memory?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.