VT-X not working on Aspire a717-72G-50RK

Options
Brunoancic31
Brunoancic31 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I have an Aspire laptop with Intel Core i5 8300H which supports Intel's VT-x and I also have Windows 10 Home. I tried enabling the feature both in the laptop's firmware (UEFI) and disabling Windows features that could "steal" VT-X from other virtualization platforms but other programs still say that my processor cannot support VT-X even after the official site by Intel says it can and task manager also says that virtualization is enabled. Does anyone have a way to fix the problem?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>other programs still say that my processor cannot support VT-X >>>

What programs say this? Please post screenshot of error messages from these programs that state this.  Please identify programs that say this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brunoancic31
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>other programs still say that my processor cannot support VT-X >>>

What programs say this? Please post screenshot of error messages from these programs that state this.  Please identify programs that say this. Jack E/NJ
    All programs say that it can't support VT-x, but here are VMware, HAXM and Intel's own Processor Identification Utility (Also there is a screenshot of Intel's website saying that my processor supports all virtualization technologies (except vPro of course))
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I tried enabling the feature both in the laptop's firmware (UEFI)>>>

What BIOS firmware version number is installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brunoancic31
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I tried enabling the feature both in the laptop's firmware (UEFI)>>>

What BIOS firmware version number is installed? Jack E/NJ
    I have version 1.26 installed
  • JackE
    Options
    The VMWare community is aware of this issue with some workarounds that work for some but not all Win10 users, particularly after the spring update. https://communities.vmware.com/thread/634674
    You might want to try some of the workarounds mentioned in the link or join the forums if you haven't already.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brunoancic31
    Options
    JackE said:
    The VMWare community is aware of this issue with some workarounds that work for some but not all Win10 users, particularly after the spring update. https://communities.vmware.com/thread/634674
    You might want to try some of the workarounds mentioned in the link or join the forums if you haven't already.

Jack E/NJ

I have tried the solution but it sadly didn't work
  • JackE
    Options
    I think it will eventually get fixed with future updates. This is similar to many issues created by major Win10 updates being released every 6-8 months. Very unstable. This is the reason why I had to change all my machines to default to Linux. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ