I think my laptop is ‘locked’ and it won’t power on

Nate89
Nate89 Member Posts: 1 New User
I was using my laptop when it started shutting down with a windows screen saying ‘locking...’. Now it won’t power on but the battery LED on the side blinks blue 5 times

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Nate89 said:
    I was using my laptop when it started shutting down with a windows screen saying ‘locking...’. Now it won’t power on but the battery LED on the side blinks blue 5 times
    Please try power drain and test the device. Post that share the result here. 

1. Turn off the device (unplug all the cables)
    2. Flip the unit upside down and look for a tiny pinhole with battery icon next to it
    3. Now insert a paperclip or suitable tool. Insert it into pinhole and hold it for 30 sec

Post this turn on the device with adapter plugged in and check...
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Goonag
    Goonag Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've got the same issue as Nate however when I try the fix you suggested, it doesn't appear to work and it still flashes blue and doesn't power on, are there any other fixes or could you share how this problem happened in the first place since we are baffled on how this happened in the first place
  • Dipti1234
    Dipti1234 Member Posts: 1 New User

Try to troubleshoot battery and power settings.It is in Settings>system>troubleshoot>othertroubleshooters.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,527 Pathfinder

Possibly a depleted battery, try the methods above and if no results replace the battery.