Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G give electric static shock

spartanunit117
spartanunit117 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
as title suggest my laptop give electric shock sometimes when I touch it metal edge or the finger print sensor this happen during charging but not all time. I notice this happen in few laptop but this raise question in my mind

1. does it damage internal of laptop or dangerous to laptop in some way?
2. does taping it with sticker is a good solution or should something is wrong I need to bring it to services?

I'm buying it from 2nd hand shop and planning to return it if it's really that dangerous or to expensive to fix

Answers

• spartanunit117
    edit: I just notice when I charge it and click W/ S button I get quite high electric shock, not to the point of dangerous but annoying.

and it also get easily overheat when I play game like genshin impact
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There is no reason that I can think of or a laptop to give you a shock. I think something is wrong with it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • spartanunit117
    billsey said:
    There is no reason that I can think of or a laptop to give you a shock. I think something is wrong with it...

it's more of static electricity in most cases except the W button this especially happen when I try play game and it's heat up after like 10 min while charging. the W button give numb electric shock (if you have ever have electric massage tool that how high it is).

I prob return it rather than trouble if most agree there something wrong