Can I replace the m.2 SSD in my Predator Orion 3000 (2019) with this?

Options
OAFish
OAFish Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi there, can I replace my M.2 SSD with a High Speed NVME ssd like this https://www.amazon.ca/Sabrent-Internal-Extreme-Performance-SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB/dp/B07TLYWMYW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=1tb%2Bm.2%2Bpli%C3%A9%2Bssd&qid=1603582342&sr=8-3&th=1 , the current WD ssd is too slow for my video editing, will it work,do I need to re-configure the bios or something or can I straight up install windows on it using a USB drive? And, are there any bandwidth limitations?

Answers

• OAFish
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Also,If I buy this exact same SSD but with the heat sink version will it fit?
  • OAFish
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Also, it’s a P03-600 with a core i7 9700 and RTX 2060 with cooler master cyan RGB fans I believe. And, a 500 Watt power supply, I dunno if the heat sink version will fit or not, and where is the ssd slot located?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    #8 is the M.2 slot. You should be able to put pretty much any of the NVMe drives in.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OAFish
    Options
    Will there be any problems since this is only a 500W PSU? and should I put in a heatsink or does this PC have the cooling capabilites? And, anything I need to configure in the bios after installation or can I just install windows on it?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    That drive should work great. It won't affect the power usage much at all. I doubt if the drive will generate enough heat to need a heatsink. Samsung doesn't have a worst case power budget in their specs, but in normal use it's supposed to pull 6W with the 1TB version. That is negligible.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.