Power supply not working. Please help im new

Options
SqueakyPlum841
SqueakyPlum841 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I received an Aspire TC-895 and I try upgrading the graphic card but for what I find I bought a new power supply of 500w just in case, the problem is I try the computer to start just to see if everything was fine but for some reason with the 500w power supply doesn't work and with the default does. But I need the new one to power up the graphic card. The graphic card is a gtx 1660 the new power supply is this one https://www.microcenter.com/product/617331/powerspec-500-watt-80-plus-atx-non-modular-power-supply
 I still need a cable to connect them together but I'm really new to this please help.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Doesn't the TC-895 use a ATX12VO power supply? You need one that has those connectors and power types. There are two connectors that go to the MB, an eight pin and a six pin. The older style ATX supplies had a 20 or 24 pin connector. What connector does your supply have and how are you connecting it to the MB?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SqueakyPlum841
    SqueakyPlum841 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The power supply that came with has a 6 and 4 pin and the MB like you said one of 8 pin and other of 6pins.the 9ower supply I buy iuas the 20+4 pins. If you could advise me some power supplies or any advise at all i will really appreciate. billsey said:
    Doesn't the TC-895 use a ATX12VO power supply? You need one that has those connectors and power types. There are two connectors that go to the MB, an eight pin and a six pin. The older style ATX supplies had a 20 or 24 pin connector. What connector does your supply have and how are you connecting it to the MB?

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @SqueakyPlum841
    TC-895 with the i5-9400 CPU uses a standard ATX PSU, but obviously you have one that uses non-standard PSU  that has three screws at the back of the PC( probably i3-10100 or i5-10400). People have been trying to find the PSU upgrade for this non-standard PSU model TC-895 and have a hard time in doing so. If you are not a technical people with the capability close to a electrician, I would suggest you get a refund of your standard ATX PSU if possible.
    Read this thread:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/614670/tc-895-eb11-6-pin-power-cable-conector#latest
    You may find some mini-ITX /FLEX ATX form factor PSUs that you can put inside the PC, but need to drill holes and need to do some wiring configurations, that most people cannot do it.
    That's why PCs with10th generation CPUs are selling cheaper than 9th generation CPU at Amazon, because of non-standard PSU.
  • billsey
    Options
    @ttttt the TC-895 uses a ATX12VO power supply, not a standard ATX.
    @SqueakyPlum841 you should send the one you bought back and get the right type. The ones with the 20 or 24 pin connector have a bunch of different voltages you do not need. Search your vendor with ATX12VO (ATX, 12V Only) and find one with the wattage that you need.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @billsey
    TC-895 models use PSUs with different sizes. I think it is better Acer use different model numbers to distinguish them. Do you agree that it is easier to find those PSUs use standard ATX form factor than the three screw type?
  • billsey
    Options
    The Flex supplies are only used in the thin cases, not in the TC-895 case.