SPIN SP513-52N display issues

Cam_student
Cam_student Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
HI!
I have been having issues with my 3-year-old spin recently in the display. If I am using my laptop to take notes (using the inking features), sometimes the display crashed and shows a black screen. If I have music or other audio playing, the audio still plays and the keyboard responds to touches by lighting up the backlight. However, the only way I can get my display back and resume working on my laptop is to restart it. Is there any way to fix this? Or is my display doomed and broken? I am in pharmacy school and really don't have the time or money to get a new laptop right now :/

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    That's a tough one... Can you pin it down to certain positions of the screen, or to when you move it from one position to another? If so it might be the cable that runs between the display and motherboard, though the hinged areas. If not, could it be sleep related? Or does the black screen show up while you are actively using it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.