Latest Predator sense will not install in Acer Predator Orion P09-600 RGB

Options
mcbrown
mcbrown Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2020 in Predator Desktops
I attempted to update Predator Sense and a message came up to first delete the older version which I did. When I went to install the latest version 3.00.3010 dated 13/2/20 I get a message stating "Sorry! this computer is not supported." I downloaded this file from the Acer site as recommended by the Acer Care Centre for my Acer Predator P09-600 RGB.
According to the research I have done, it appears the BIOS has to be edited to match the name in the software before it will be accepted for installation. Acer are recommending that computers that have this issue should be returned to Acer Service for a fix. Why does Acer offer so called compatible software for upgrade from their support site when the software is not compatible with the BIOS. 
I have searched for a copy of an earlier version of Predator Sense for my PC but cannot find one. Preferably the one that was originally installed. I did not keep a record of the earlier version number on my PC as I did not anticipate the need.
I would appreciate if anyone would be able to direct me to a compatible earlier file that I may be able to download and install. 
Thank you for any assistance offered.

Processor: i7-9700K
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: RTX 2080
BIOS: R01-A2 latest

Murray

Answers

• mcbrown

Tinkerer

Options
    I have, since my original post, updated my BIOS to R01-A3 and also tried to install the latest version of Predator Sense which is 3.00.3014_20191223 dated 2020/11/30 but still get the message "Sorry! this computer is not supported."
    My PC is a 2019 model I believe. Does anyone have a copy of the older versions of Predator Sense which I could try to install. Preferably before version 3.00.3010_W10x64
    Again, thank you for any assistance offered.

Murray
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Extract the files for Predator Sense and look in the 'plugs' folder. There are a bunch of folders there, one for each model supported. Check with Acer Care Center and look at the exact spelling of the model number. That needs to match the name of the folder in the plugs directory... Test be renaming the folder to match if needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcbrown

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your reply billsey
    I followed your instructions which you gave to another member on this forum but it did not work due to not accepting the asterisk in the name as follows.
    *~P09-600RGB~~.~*
    I get a message to say that this character * is not acceptable.

Not sure what to do about it. I think I may have to send to Acer tech to edit the bios.

Murray
  • mcbrown

Tinkerer

Options
    BIOS Screen Shot
  • billsey
    Options
    Does the funky name show up the same in System Information? And yes, using a wildcard in a filename doesn't work... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcbrown

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes billsey, sys info shows the same name. I think I might have to take it into Acer techs to edit the bios.
    Thanks for your input

Murray
  • billsey
    Options
    Yep, at lest they are the ones with the tools to edit that.