Swift 1 laptop stuck in a boot loop

Options
Magdalena10
Magdalena10 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone,
My acer swift 1 laptop is stuck in a boot loop, i.e when turning it on I see just the Acer logo with the loading sign spinning and after a few minutes the laptop reboots, the logo appears again and this continues until I manually switch it off. I can access the BIOS menu (after hitting the F2 key), but changing everything to default settings (F9) and then saving and exit (F10) does not help. I've tried to do the factory reset (f10+alt), but after the "please wait" message I just get a black screen (the laptop stays turned on) instead of the blue menu I'm supposes to see. I have also tried to reset the battery with a clip and I have also removed it and put it back again, but this didn't do anything.
Any help and advice on how to sort this out would be really appreciated!

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for 30 seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop. Hopefully it should work.