Just a review and I dont know what to do and I dont have any laptop to get my job done

Tishen
Tishen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I am a customer that bought the acer swift 3 with ryzen 5 4500u on August I rarely use the laptop. But yesterday I am facing a loud grinding sound from the fan even though I put it on a flat surface. I am very disappointed at this moment i dont even get to use it fully. In this time I need it so much that my assignment, projects and presentations are in it and my online classes are in it too without it now I dont know what to do i have send it back to the reseller at BT computer Ampang Point. They told me if it's the fan us the problem they might need to send to acer service centre and it may take 3 weeks to 2 months. I need it so much for now. And I am very disappointed at this point on buying it.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Tishen said:
    Hi I am a customer that bought the acer swift 3 with ryzen 5 4500u on August I rarely use the laptop. But yesterday I am facing a loud grinding sound from the fan even though I put it on a flat surface. I am very disappointed at this moment i dont even get to use it fully. In this time I need it so much that my assignment, projects and presentations are in it and my online classes are in it too without it now I dont know what to do i have send it back to the reseller at BT computer Ampang Point. They told me if it's the fan us the problem they might need to send to acer service centre and it may take 3 weeks to 2 months. I need it so much for now. And I am very disappointed at this point on buying it.

First take your complaint to the reseller at BT computer Ampang Point where you bought it and see if they will assit you and/or lend you another laptop? But and if you have all your work on the Swift 3 then you are stuck, as the only way is for you to copy all your files onto an external HDD or a “lent laptop” and do your work that way. Your retailer should be the only direct contact that you have as complaining to Acer direct will not solve your problem immediately as it will take the same amount of time that the service time will take.

Btw, this is an Acer forum and does not have any connections with Acer direct and/or can make warranty decisions, we can only give you advice, good luck and hope you sort it out!

• Tishen
    Tishen Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Tishen said:

First take your complaint to the reseller at BT computer Ampang Point where you bought it and see if they will assit you and/or lend you another laptop? But and if you have all your work on the Swift 3 then you are stuck, as the only way is for you to copy all your files onto an external HDD or a “lent laptop” and do your work that way. Your retailer should be the only direct contact that you have as complaining to Acer direct will not solve your problem immediately as it will take the same amount of time that the service time will take.

Btw, this is an Acer forum and does not have any connections with Acer direct and/or can make warranty decisions, we can only give you advice, good luck and hope you sort it out!

yes i have managed to sort it out but this is my review and suprisingly when i send it to the seller he run the laptop for the whole day and there is no sound.and now i have it back already so far there is no such sound.