Touchpad stopped working and no touchpad driver on support site for Acer model: Aspire A114-32

MarkRP
MarkRP Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
There are 15 drivers for the Aspire A114-32 but the touchpad driver is missing.  My touchpad stopped working, was hoping to try reinstalling the proper driver for it, but can't locate it on the Acer support site.  Does anyone know how to get it?  There are plenty of other drivers and bios, but for some reason no touchpad driver.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• MarkRP
    Answer ✓
    UPDATE (solved): I upgraded the bios from 1.12 to 1.14 and mouse functionality is restored  :-)   There is a 1.15 but I will probably follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it..." rule and just stop here.  Daughter will be happy she can use the touchpad again (it is set to advanced mode in bios and seems to have the proper functionality again like page scroll)

Thanks Jack again for your help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, is System Protection turned on? If yes, click the System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp that coincides with when the touchpad stopped working? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MarkRP
    Hi Jack E/NJ, I checked as you asked, and no, Protection is set to "Off".  Since this is my daughter's laptop, I'm not sure if the touchpad issue coincided with a Windows update or not, but if it did, I would think re-installing the Acer touchpad driver would fix it.  I have had this problem and fixed it on other, older laptops that were impacted by a windows update, which is why it's frustrating to not find a driver for this model on the Acer support site :-(

Thanks for you input and let me know if you have any other ideas.

Best regards,
      Mark
  • MarkRP
    Answer ✓
    UPDATE (solved): I upgraded the bios from 1.12 to 1.14 and mouse functionality is restored  :-)   There is a 1.15 but I will probably follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it..." rule and just stop here.  Daughter will be happy she can use the touchpad again (it is set to advanced mode in bios and seems to have the proper functionality again like page scroll)

Thanks Jack again for your help.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Congrats on your success. BIOS updates are risky but sometimes they work out. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ