Acer XB240H Monitor - Windows 10 Drivers?

Options
Dixy
Dixy Member Posts: 8 New User
Do any of the older monitors have a Windows 10 driver?  I have the above monitor but the newest is Windows 8.  Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    You don't need drivers in Window 10, it uses the plug'n'play function to determine resolutions supported.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dixy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Yeah, been troubleshooting this one in dual mode with an EVGA 2080, where the Acer is black screen in dual mode and single monitor mode.  I'm pretty sure the EVGA folks have no idea what to do next so they suggested to see if there is a monitor driver.  Thanks!
  • billsey
    Options
    Which video port are you using? Have you tried different cables? Any chance it's something like a sleep mode issue?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dixy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The acer only has a DP, I’ve tried different ports on the card  and different cables. I think there is some sort of non-windows hardware/firmware issue.  When I boot into the bios with just the acer attached, the screen size is shrunk to just 5x7, when I boot into windows in safe mode, with just the acer, I get the same monitor size.  I never get the acer to show anything with dual monitors.

• billsey
    Options
    The small image during boot or in safe mode is likely normal. Screen resolution in boot is usually either 640x480 or 800x600, and in safe mode the same or maybe 1024x768. Map that into the middle of a 1920x1080 display and it doesn't take up much room. :) As long as you aren't trying to put one monitor on the GPU card and one on the motherboard you shouldn't see issues with two monitors at once. (The onboard video is disabled when a GPU card is installed)
  • Dixy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Could be, I know with my rogue swift though the bios window and safe mode window fill the whole screen, and that is an ultrawide, maybe that is the default for the monitor though.  Once detected during dual monitor boot the Acer is black.  Probably will just buy another cheap second monitor at this point, I've cleaned and updated drivers a ton of times under multiple scenarios, turned on and off services, nothing works.  Thanks for all the help, see the screen size below, sorry for the bad pic.

• billsey
    Options
    Does it make any difference if you reset the monitor using the OSD?
  • Dixy
    Options
    Unfortunately not.
  • SniperGeneral
    SniperGeneral Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ya I have the same problem. Without a correct driver the monitor and window 10 and the graphic card can't talk to each other properly. You will have nothing but problems like I do. Every time I reboot or shut down my system. Generic pnp monitor driver will do the best it can, but it will drop out all the time.