I am using ACER E5-575G for last 4 years and I have never encountered any problem before. But for past one month my laptop is exhibiting a weird shutdown problem. It gets powered off while running on battery. One moment it is working fine and next moment it shutdowns like someone has removed power source. After searching for similar problem I encountered a community post with the same problem. Stated solution was to some push-button problem inside laptop bottom cover. I put tape on that button to keep it pressed. Now, laptop was working fine with no shutdown problem. But now after use of 5 10 minutes laptop fan runs like crazy (never ran like that before) and laptop gets shutdown even on power. So, I am wondering if somebody could help me in identifying root cause of problem so that I can get it fixed. Here are some points that might answer few of questions.
1. Before applying tape solution, laptop only got shutdown on battery. It would work fine on power.
2. Battery I think is okay because it charges and discharges ok.
3. I didn't open my laptop except small back cover for tape solution. So i dont know about fans condition and heatsink.
4. Laptop is not heated even after excessive use and I always use a cooling pad below my laptop.
5. I occasionally blow into vents to keep dust cleaned out but as i said i am unaware of their actual condition since i never opened up my laptop.
Hopefully, this will answer few basic questions. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanking in advance.