Helios 300 PH315-53-72XD (2020) Undervolt Question

Options
BATHALA_
BATHALA_ Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited October 2020 in Predator Laptops
Hi, I've recently bought my first ever gaming laptop the Helios 300 (PH315-53-72XD) and its arriving in a few days, and right now I'm researching like crazy about the things I need to do to set it up, optimize as well as to keep it cool. And then I learned about "Undervolting" and how it greatly reduce temps without any drawbacks in performance, but I also recently found out that the processor i7-10750H that my laptop comes with can't be undervolted because according to this it already comes factory undervolted so there's no need to manually undervolt it. Iirc the 2019 iteration is the one that comes factory undervolted, is this also true for the 2020 iteration?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    BATHALA_ said:
    Hi, I've recently bought my first ever gaming laptop the Helios 300 (PH315-53-72XD) and its arriving in a few days, and right now I'm researching like crazy about the things I need to do to set it up, optimize as well as to keep it cool. And then I learned about "Undervolting" and how it greatly reduce temps without any drawbacks in performance, but I also recently found out that the processor i7-10750H that my laptop comes with can't be undervolted because according to this it already comes factory undervolted so there's no need to manually undervolt it. Iirc the 2019 iteration is the one that comes factory undervolted, is this also true for the 2020 iteration?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title
    Please try the steps mentioned in this link https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612691/undervolt-predator-300-question and share the update here..
  • Shoti
    Shoti Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    you can undervolt it as long as the bios version is 1.06 below
  • resolute
    resolute Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same laptop but when i tried to undervolt it using intel xtu it was disabled. What could be the problem? and if the bios version is higher as @Shoti said is there no way you can undervolt it?
  • Shoti
    Shoti Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    resolute said:
    I have the same laptop but when i tried to undervolt it using intel xtu it was disabled. What could be the problem? and if the bios version is higher as @Shoti said is there no way you can undervolt it?
    use throttlestop instead. XTUs causes more problem than solution when it comes to undervolting, before you use TS, make sure to delete XTU in the program files folder.
  • iyzer
    iyzer Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    I've undervolted mine successfully 
  • sst0rmie
    sst0rmie Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @BATHALA_ what is your cpu and gpu max fans speed?
  • Rahatkhan
    Rahatkhan Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    iyzer said:
    I've undervolted mine successfully 
    can you share your throttleshop uv profile? i cant undervolt and it would help me alot thanks!
    can you share your throttleshop uv profile? i cant undervolt and it would help me alot thanks!