Predator X35 turns off

Options
laudanum
laudanum Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I have a Predator X35 monitor attached to a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.  Running Windows 10.  The issue happens when connected via either DP or HDMI. 

What happens?  The monitor loses display after various amounts of time, usually 2-10 minutes.  It doesn't power off because the blue power light on the front (and lighting on the back) remain lit.  When is loses display, the power button on the back of the unit cannot turn off the monitor and none of the OSD buttons will bring up a display.  If I cut power to the monitor and then plug it back in, it comes alive and works perfectly until I lose display in 2-10ish minutes.  This behavior is very consistent.

If I attach a different monitor to the same DP or HDMI cable, I have no issue with the monitor.  Likewise, if I attach the X35 to a Windows 7 system via DP or HDMI, the X35 does not turn off.  Acer has also looked at the monitor and finds no issue.  So I have some combination of Win 10/2080 Ti/Predator X35 that's causing the monitor to behave this way.

Please impart your wisdom on a frustrated gamer.  What's potentially causing this and how do I fix it?  Many thanks.

P.S.  I've been in tech support for 25+ years and this isn't the computer going to sleep, turning off the monitor, etc.  This is something wacky.

Answers

• jalastal
    jalastal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It sounds like your monitor does have a same kind of issue what mine did have. My monitor did have a faulty mainboard? and it was changed on the service and after that the monitor has been working ok - so far.

I noticed that when monitor temperature went about 100 celsius it did shut down and it took about 20 minutes to reach that temp and it did not matter what did i do with the monitor.