Why my M.2 SSD stopped working suddenly? - aspire A515 51G 59AT

Shuvosrs
Shuvosrs Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have installed a teamgroup m.2 SSD in my acer aspire A515 51G 59AT some days ago. Then I clonned the c:/ drive and other recovery drives to that and it was working fine untill last day. The last shut down was normal. I just turned off my pc and went to sleep as usual. But in the morning the SSD lost. There is no serial numbers showing in the HDD1 section. It is saying none. Then I tried to unplug the ssd and plugged it again but the problem remains the same. However, I have formatted the previous boot drive, so it is not possible to see the storage management section. I am hopping that it is not a hardware issue! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    One or more of the m.2 card connectors or bus connection has been lost.  Remove the card again. Gently but repeatedly wipe its gold contacts with a soft cloth. Then gently but firmly reinsert the card at about a 45* angle into the mainboard m.2 socket. Then, while applying pressure to the top edge of the card, push the card down to affix with the screw. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shuvosrs
    Shuvosrs Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    One or more of the m.2 card connectors or bus connection has been lost.  Remove the card again. Gently but repeatedly wipe its gold contacts with a soft cloth. Then gently but firmly reinsert the card at about a 45* angle into the mainboard m.2 socket. Then, while applying pressure to the top edge of the card, push the card down to affix with the screw. Jack E/NJ
    Hi there. I tried it again and again. But not working