Is battery calibration necessary on my Aspire A315-57G-59HR? And also can I upgrade its RAM?

ClarRence
ClarRence Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought this laptop few weeks ago and I read some articles that battery calibration is need on older laptops but not on modern laptops. I only have 4gb of RAM and I'm planning to upgrade it. Also I cannot open the backside of this laptop to check if there are additional ram slot as there is a sticker with the warranty, but the store clerk told me I can take it to the service center if there is any repair for laptop that needs the backside to be removed. 

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You don't have to do any battery calibration in your laptop, as for the memory, you have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for the upgrade, you can use a DDR4 2666MHz module up to 16GB in the slot, as you have a warranty warning sticker at the base cover, you may have to take it to an authorised service centre to carry out the upgrade, you can contact Acer Support centre in your country for the upgrade.
    Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
  • ClarRence

Tinkerer

Hi,
    You don't have to do any battery calibration in your laptop, as for the memory, you have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for the upgrade, you can use a DDR4 2666MHz module up to 16GB in the slot, as you have a warranty warning sticker at the base cover, you may have to take it to an authorised service centre to carry out the upgrade, you can contact Acer Support centre in your country for the upgrade.
    Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
    Thankyou for answering my questions! Another question, in order to keep the battery healthy, is it fine if I kept my laptop plugged in while using it (keeping it plugged after it reached 100)? Or should I let it discharge after reaching 100, then charge it again if it reaches low battery?
  • brummyfan2
    You are welcome  :)
    You don't have to do anything to preserve the battery, you can continue to use the laptop always connected to AC adapter even after reaching full charge(100%) it will not damage the battery, and you can drain the battery every 3months or so.
  • ClarRence

Tinkerer

brummyfan2 said:
    You don't have to do anything to preserve the battery, you can continue to use the laptop always connected to AC adapter even after reaching full charge(100%) it will not damage the battery, and you can drain the battery every 3months or so.
    Thankyou so much! Your answers were very helpful to me!
  • brummyfan2
    ClarRence said:
    brummyfan2 said:
    Thankyou so much! Your answers were very helpful to me!
    You are most welcome :)