Where to find Windows 10 driver for P206HL Monitor ?

Seanlu
Seanlu Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I bought Acer Monitor P206HL few years ago, and am now looking for driver for Windows 10, as the monitor no longer displays properly after Windows 7 has been de-supported by Microsoft and all laptops now on Windows 10.  However I cannot find any.  On Acer's website, the only driver available is still Windows 7. 

Where can I find driver for Windows 10 ?   

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    With Windows 10 you shouldn't need a driver, the plug and play function should tell the video driver which modes are supported. Your standard display resolution should be 1600 x 900 @60Hz, use Display Settings to verify that is what is selected.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Seanlu
    Seanlu Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have a ThinkPad T480 with Windows 10, and the P206HL monitor only has VGA In and DVI-D In.   I have a HDMI to VGA convert cable to connect the TP's HDMI output to the monitor's VGA In.  As soon as they are connected, both screen just keep flickering. I did some google search, and it says updating driver is best option.  

Auspiciously, the T480 +HDMI -> VGA convert cable can work with other older large screen flat monitors, except this P206HL.   Thus my guess it has to be driver related for Windows 10. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    What does Windows say it's using for a resolution and refresh rate? I'm thinking it should be the 1600x900@60Hz, but might be trying something else.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.