My ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-54-33C7 's built in microphone have stopped working.

kmigellano
kmigellano Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Will updating my BIOS fix this issue?

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @kmigellano

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones-in-windows-10-ba9a4aab-35d1-12ee-5835-cccac7ee87a4

Check the above link for microphone troubleshooting steps.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,681 Trailblazer
    The BIOS will not affect it at all.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • drew26
    drew26 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2020
    Acer does not seem to fix this issue... The driver I got from their website does not fix the audio problem as well. I got another driver that woks by getting the device Id from driver properties and searching what works online. Now, I'm stuck with having no microphone because there seems to be any compatible drivers out there. I've installed all of the drivers from acer website but nothing works. I'm using windows 10 by the way... My earphone jack works but only for audio it's microphone is not being recognized as well... Can't do a proper video call with this device... If anyone knows a working driver or have a proper driver installed in their same device that works, please pack it for us and share it here if you may... It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
  • drew26
    drew26 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The driver from the website does work for audio... I checked it again but the microphone still doesn't I can at least connect an earphone now but still the built in microphone is hopeless...drew26 said:
    Acer does not seem to fix this issue... The driver I got from their website does not fix the audio problem as well. I got another driver that woks by getting the device Id from driver properties and searching what works online. Now, I'm stuck with having no microphone because there seems to be any compatible drivers out there. I've installed all of the drivers from acer website but nothing works. I'm using windows 10 by the way... My earphone jack works but only for audio it's microphone is not being recognized as well... Can't do a proper video call with this device... If anyone knows a working driver or have a proper driver installed in their same device that works, please pack it for us and share it here if you may... It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
    Missing driver from my device manager: 
    Digital Microphone device
    Intel High Definition Audio