XB273K GP Overdrive Setting is Always Blacked Out

STOPchris
STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I just bought an XB273K GP and the overdrive setting is always blacked out. I initially had the monitor setup with one cable and it was blacked out with Gsync on, I know it will be in this situation. Now, I am running two cables and it is still blacked out. It is even blacked out if I select 8 bit and 120Hz... How can I use this setting?

Answers

• STOPchris
    STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Bump....... The problem is still there. I got it to work once, but when I switched back to Gsync (it should be blacked out) and then back to non-Gsync (it should not be blacked out) the problem came back. I have until the end of January to return it. The lack of support from Acer makes me not want to do business with them again. No responses here and the chat/phone support is absolutely trash.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi STOPchris,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

I recommend you to contact your local support channels and ask for assistance.  

How do you have ut setup? What cables are you using? When did you contact support and what was the response you got? my understanding is that Gsync will need to be off for overdrive to work.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny