RAID 0 Issue

Options
Kid_Maverik
Kid_Maverik Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've been attempting to research this issue today and haven't found a suitable solution. Like many before me, I created a RAID 0 configuration upon adding an SSD into one of the empty M2 slots on my Nitro 5. This leaves me with a large amount of unusable storage space and is not desirable. If anyone is aware of a reliable process to reset the configuration so I have 2 individual storage volumes, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Additionally, I recognize this my require that I unplug my 2nd drive and reformat Windows. If this is the best course of action, I just want to confirm those steps. I will also take the opportunity to add an additional SSD into the 2.5 slot, so any advice to avoid any further buggering of my storage would be great. 

@IronFly seems to be very capable with these issues. I would appreciate your help if you are willing to offer it. I will paste my iRST Manage screens below:

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    Only way to "undo" RAID 0 is to backup your data, break the RAID array in BIOS, and then reformat the drives and reinstall Windows.
  • Kid_Maverik
    Options
    Thank you, Steven. Unfortunately, the Acer BIOS on my machine doesn't appear to allow that.
  • Kid_Maverik
    Options
    So I was able to find the "hidden" menu in the main BIOS tab and switched it to AHCI. After saving and restarting, I got an "Unable to find bootable device". Would this be where I reinstall Windows from my recovery USB?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Change it back to RST, boot into Windows and make next boot to be in safe mode, reboot and go to BIOS to switch it back to AHCI, save&exit and Win will boot in safe mode and will install the AHCI controller driver. This way there will be no need to reinstall.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)