HDMI port no longer recognizing VR Helios 300

Nxucik
Nxucik Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Gaming Accessories
Greetings,
I've had my Predator Helios 300 for about 2 years and as yet not encountered any issues until today.  The HDMI port is no recognizing VR connections yet it still functions when plugging in an external monitor.  I have multiple PCs and can confirm that the headset works fine on other stations, furthermore I've plugged in two different VR brands and despite both having worked without issue before neither is being registered in HDMI.  The 3.0 USB continues to recognize VR and the device shows up in Device Manager (though not under 'Display' as it normally would).  It's almost as though the laptop forgot to how to read VR display input; it won't even make the usual Windows chime when plugging/unplugging the HDMI though it will for the USB.  Very baffled by this.  And yes, I've updated my Nvidia since this occurred and reset the laptop.

Answers

• Nxucik
    Nxucik Member Posts: 2 New User
    [SOLVED]
    The culprit was the recent Windows update to Version 2004.  A buddy mentioned he'd had problem connecting devices (though not through HDMI) since that update.  Rolled it back and now it works fine.
  • Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter

The Predator Helios 300 USB Type-C port only provides support for data connections. It is not possible to connect an external monitor to this port. You will need to use the HDMI port for connecting an external display.

Regards,

James