computer screen goes black but computer still running windows 10, but never shut down

Options
Abg1158
Abg1158 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I am using Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51  2in1 laptop, with windows 10 single language 64 bit Operating System, with 8 GB RAM and 4GB Graphics card.

I am facing TWO major issues:

1. After leaving the system idle for more then an hour, the computer screen goes black but computer still running windows 10, and it does not wake up. (no issue arise, if i continuously work on the system, even for hours)
2. But after working for full day, when a tried to shutdown the system, the same situation arises (i.e. computer screen goes black but computer still running windows 10, but never shut down).
so in both the case i have to use forced shutdown, (by press and hold power button).
had also executed check disk but no problem found. I doubt my system would crash one day.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    Abg1158 said:
    I am using Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51  2in1 laptop, with windows 10 single language 64 bit Operating System, with 8 GB RAM and 4GB Graphics card.

I am facing TWO major issues:

1. After leaving the system idle for more then an hour, the computer screen goes black but computer still running windows 10, and it does not wake up. (no issue arise, if i continuously work on the system, even for hours)
    2. But after working for full day, when a tried to shutdown the system, the same situation arises (i.e. computer screen goes black but computer still running windows 10, but never shut down).
    so in both the case i have to use forced shutdown, (by press and hold power button).
    had also executed check disk but no problem found. I doubt my system would crash one day.

Have a look at your “Power Options”

Go to right part of taskbar > battery > right click > “Power Options” > Balance (recommended) as that will fix your problem. Otherwise go to the left side and see all the options and change them to suite your needs, simple.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    If you have an app running in the background that doesn't play well with others you can see symptoms like this. The OS tells the app to shut down and the app never does, leaving things still running even though the screen has gone blank. Use sysconfig.exe to disable all your non-Microsoft startup apps and test. If things work as they should try starting apps one at a time or in batches to figure out which is causing the issue. Then update that app if possible or just stop allowing it to start at all.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when updating the bios to version 1.14?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)