New Helios 300 not booting - PH315-53-72XD

Options
Norwoodus
Norwoodus Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi,

I've received my new Helios 300 laptop (the PH315-53-72XD model) today and was excited to use it as my old computer has been broken for about 6 weeks.

Before I turned it on, I plugged the charger in as instructed. Once turned on, the laptop only presents me with a black screen, I've waited for 1 hour before shutting it off and turning it back on again. As I left it there again, I checked online to see that the predator logo should have came up and start the initial windows setup process, but the predator logo never showed up for me. After another hour, I shut it off and tried to boot the bios by pressing the F2 key as it starts up and nothing happened besides a beep sound. I've tried connecting an HDMI to the laptop to see if maybe it will display on my other monitor, but nothing was shown.

I don't know what to do to fix this and fear I may have to return it get a new one. Any solutions to this problem?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Norwoodus

Hold the( fourth key next to Esc key) a key with circle and an arrow at the end and hold the power button together for 30 to 40 secs. Now remove the finger and try to power on the computer.  Before that disconnect the laptop from the charger, disconnect any peripherals connected to it and give it a try.

If it does not work tr the BIOS reset: Press F9+ enter when booting if it does not work press F10+enter after booting and try for it.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • NkSingh
    NkSingh Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have a problem with my New Acer predator Helios 300 RTX 3060 model, laptop is not booting after charger disconnected. With charger connected to the laptop it boot up normally. Any one having similar problem. It is only 10days old laptop.