i have an acer aspire a720z laptop and i have been suffering from two problems.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Did you run setup in Win7 compatibility mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    DakshSingh Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Yes of course
  • JackE
    What was the original factory installed Windows version on this machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    I don't remember it correctly but it must be Windows 7 XP. But now I am currently using Windows 10 home
  • JackE
    Then try to install it in WinXP compatibility mode. That IR sensor is very old technology and may no longer be supported. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    Ok, and what about the battery, it is still draining and I am still facing problems.
  • JackE
    Reduce screen brightness. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    It is very obvious that my screen brightness will be low when my system is in battery saver mode always....
  • JackE
    Lower it more. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    The brightness has always been the least when I work on my system still the battery drains really fast after 30 minutes
  • JackE
    Better check task manager to see what programs or apps are consuming all the power.  Also check percent usage of the CPU, GPU, HDD and other devices.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh

all of them are very low

• JackE
    NO!!!  You have very high power usage!!! Look at your CPU, Disk and memory usage!!! They are over 75%.  You have one process BcastDVRUserService that's consuming a very high power drain. Xbox is using a moderately high power drain. Scroll down the list of programs you have many more that are consuming high power usage. This is why you're battery is draining so fast. You have too many background processes running. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    So how should I close them 
  • JackE
    Search 'startup programs' in the windows start menu. Click 'see which processes startup automatically'. Click on programs and processes to disable on startup. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh

all of them have either low or no impact or they are disabled
  • JackE
    Check task manager again after rebooting. The applications and programs that still are consuming a lot of power must then be uninstalled from ControlPanel programs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh

i have done what you have said and all of them are showing VERY LOW
  • JackE
    That looks much better. Your battery should now last longer if this low CPU and Disk usage can be maintained. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DakshSingh
    i checked it once again and it is just the same. it charges for 1 hr and works for 1.5 hr.