It won't respond to anything Monitor dead? - acer predator z35. screen stays black.

Umit1
Umit1 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 4 in Predator Monitors
Hi all,

Since yesterday my acer predator z35 wont start anymore. The screen stays black and the power button stays blue. It won't respond to anything. I had the power cable off for 15 minutes without result. 

I hope it's not dead because I paid €1100,- 4 years ago.

Regards
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Umitl

Disconnect the monitor from the computer, try to press and hold down the power button for 30 to 40 secs and then try to connect it back to the computer and check it whether it shows any sign of life.

Hope this helps you in some way.
  • Umit1

Tinkerer

Hello @ragsak28,

Thank you for your respond but unfortunately it didn't helped. The monitor stayed the same, it didn't respond  to anything.
  • FreestylerMaTT
    FreestylerMaTT Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2020
    I have exctly the same issue with an X34. In the middle of using the PC , the monitor disconnects and you get the sound as if the display  cable has been removed. The power light stays on blue an you cannot turn this off on on, it is frozen. The screen loses all picture and is just black. 

I have tried holding the power button disconnected, as suggested above and again nothing changes?

I also entered the SNID number to see if it was in warrenty, but Acer stated it could not tell for this product.
  • Umit1

Tinkerer

@FreestylerMaTT

I read this so many times that people has this issue. It's almost like the monitor was designed to do this after a period. I read somewhere that maybe the mobo of the monitor is broken and has to be replaced. But come on, with so many people with the same issue? 
  • FreestylerMaTT

Tinkerer

Umit1 said:
    @FreestylerMaTT

I read this so many times that people has this issue. It's almost like the monitor was designed to do this after a period. I read somewhere that maybe the mobo of the monitor is broken and has to be replaced. But come on, with so many people with the same issue? 
    Hi Umit, It seems to be a very common problem... the parts do not seem to be made to last. I will see what Acer say...have you filled a claim with customr service ...I am still waiitng for a response.
  • Umit1

Tinkerer

Umit1 said:
    @FreestylerMaTT

Hi Umit, It seems to be a very common problem... the parts do not seem to be made to last. I will see what Acer say...have you filled a claim with customr service ...I am still waiitng for a response.
    I talked to someone from the customer service and they want me to send the monitor for a repair. They cannot tell me what the price of the repair will be. 
  • FreestylerMaTT

Tinkerer

Wow, firstly how did you speak to them, I cannot get a reply to the form and phone numbers in UK are dead as the monitor. I guess you could send it , but I saw on another thread someone saying it was hundreds to repair as its the Main board in the monitor....a new monitor (from a different company) may be better? Let me know what you do?
  • Umit1

Tinkerer

Wow, firstly how did you speak to them, I cannot get a reply to the form and phone numbers in UK are dead as the monitor. I guess you could send it , but I saw on another thread someone saying it was hundreds to repair as its the Main board in the monitor....a new monitor (from a different company) may be better? Let me know what you do?
    Yeah i contacted them via facebook messenger. I did send a mail but they didn't answer me. Exactly i read the same, a couple of hunderds for a repair? I will not send it because if i dont accept the repair cost i will be charged with 66 euros for shipment and research costs. They cant tell what it is, but there are so many people with the same issue. Its a bit weird.
  • Umit1

Tinkerer

Hey i wanted to let you know that there is a fault in the motherboard of my monitor. I've let it checked out by some technician. So I'm going to ask acer what the repair will cost and if they can do something about the price because of the common problem.
  • Myhrddin
    Myhrddin Member Posts: 4 New User
    I believe there should have been a recall for at least the "black screen" issue that continues to present itself. It's very frustrating and really, how many of us have a spare ultrawide laying around to use after we have to pay to send it off for support.. really.?  Use Amazon or some other depot service that can internally get it to technicians and back for pick-up.  *shakes head -- I am looking to get a replacement monitor but, am really leery about who makes it and just how any service is handled if needed.
  • z35
    z35 Member Posts: 2 New User

i had the same issue, pls.. acer.. help us. my z35 monitor has no picture doesnt show up even the logo but the power button stays blue thats it. pls help…..

• z35
    z35 Member Posts: 2 New User

i couldnt use it for one week now. i just want to know if acer has a remedy of that issue. i regret the money i spent for this unit i hope you had a solution.😂

• regretful
    regretful Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

X34P owner here with the same issue, this seems to be a very common issue across most Acer monitors and no one seems to have an idea or fix for the issue.
    You are lucky that Acer actually acknowledged you and that you have the option to send the monitor to them as they will not help me with my X34p.

I have just made a big post about the problem so we can start documenting (still waiting for Acer to approve the post which I doubt they will) and I will start ripping the monitor apart myself to diagnose and try to repair so we can document and try and find a fix for this problem.

Some other examples of Acer quality made to fail

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/a5ikmr/new_acer_predator_xb271hu_has_blue_light_when/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pchelp/comments/srcyyq/acer_x34_blue_power_light_no_display/

• erikjonvan
    erikjonvan Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited February 4

Wow. I bought a Z35 used a few days ago and turned it on for the second time to a black screen and blue led… Wish I'd have done some more research about Acer's garbage monitors and even more garbage customer service. From what I've read these piece of ***** monitors should have never been released for retail sale. Even there successor's are total ***** pieces. Unbelievable that this company sells anything at all. I wouldn't buy a fu[king Acer no. 2 pencil after this trash. I always knew they were a completely sub par product but when you add to that the complete disregard uttered by their useless customer service ***** bags? Come on.