My X34P monitor shows black screen. Always blue led and no Amber. Will local tech repair this?

Options
cyphrix_rk
cyphrix_rk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Predator Monitors

Troubleshooting done:

1. Borrowed adapter from a friend with an X34P, still no display.
  2. Amber blue led status, even if I press the power button, it won't go to standby red amber status. Just always blue.
  3. Laptop can detect when hdmi is plugged because the sound output changes to x34p, played youtube on it, no audio or video.
  4. Did the flash light test on it, no display.

I went to an authorized service center (only 1 in my province of Bohol, Philippines), but they said parts for acer are 3 years only. Can devs give me a schematic if the board is the problem? So I can just let it be repaired by a local electronics technician? Should I create a job order to the authorized center even if my monitor is out of warranty?

[Edited the thread to update issue in detail]

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options

If OSD menu works, follow these steps. Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

• cyphrix_rk

Tinkerer

Options

I cannot see the OSD menu since it's pitch black. Picture below is an example of how my monitor works when it is powered on. The picture below I don't see that when power is connected to monitor for the first time or pressing the power button. It's like a boot logo for the monitor. I don't see any of that.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't have access to mainboard schematics because it's not made by Acer but TPV electronics at this link.The TPV part nos. are shown below. The power button board has likely failed. Google search keywords 'x34p' & 'power board' for vendors who would ship to your location. The TPV part no. is probably only useful to TPV. https://tpv-tech.com/

Jack E/NJ

• cyphrix_rk

Tinkerer

Options

Can I also ask for diagnositic troubleshooting diagram? (ex. of diagram: If LED is blue, Y/N, then proceed to). I asked again my local authorized service center and they told me acer didn't even give them diagnostic tools and they forwarded me to another province with a "real" acer center that's owned by acer, not a subcontract.

• cyphrix_rk

Tinkerer

Options

I'm asking for a basic troubleshooting diagnostic tools/diagram because what if it was the LCD that was the problem? Or what if it was a dead backlight bulb? I couldn't just order blindly from TPV electronics the part without really knowing what was at fault.

• cyphrix_rk

Tinkerer

Options

Can I leave my serial number up here to verify the compatible part numbers?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

>>>Can I leave my serial number up here to verify the compatible part numbers?>>>

As mentioned earlier, the power board and main board have no Acer part numbers. Only TPV part numbers. Acer serial numbers won't help and generally should not be posted on these forums.

Jack E/NJ