Acer C740 - Bulging Battery. Dangerous

Options
KConkle
KConkle Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good morning,

Yesterday I received reports from a school I provide IT support for that some of the Acer C740's have bulging batteries. After going on site to look, several of them have this issue. I believe this could be a very dangerous situation for the students using them. The students aren't using the Chromebooks until I can go through each one to verify they don't have bulging batteries. It's very important that the students have safe devices. Any suggestions on what I can do? I've already removed the batteries of around 40 of our Acer C740's. They have 285. Below are a couple pictures.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Let me see if we can escalate it for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KConkle
    KConkle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks. we went through all the school's devices and pulled around 160 that had this issue. I have been working on removing all these batteries and will be ordering replacements. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    KConkle said:
    Good morning,

Yesterday I received reports from a school I provide IT support for that some of the Acer C740's have bulging batteries. After going on site to look, several of them have this issue. I believe this could be a very dangerous situation for the students using them. The students aren't using the Chromebooks until I can go through each one to verify they don't have bulging batteries. It's very important that the students have safe devices. Any suggestions on what I can do? I've already removed the batteries of around 40 of our Acer C740's. They have 285. Below are a couple pictures.

I am very sorry to hear and see that these units are experiencing these issue, i have sent you a private message requesting more information to better assist, it looks like you mentioned ordering replacement batteries, so if you have done this thought the school IT contact the department, most than likely they have already reach out to our Premier department with the request and you should be taking care off, but if that's not the case, i am more than happy to proceed sending the information to a tech support advocate from the Premier department for follow up.

Thank you in advance,
    Acer-Manny