Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 problems with refresh rate on 144hz monitor

Options
2»

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Can you check in the device manager the LCD panel info/model?  You better open your own topic.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• MxDiogo
    MxDiogo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    batmalin said:
    Can you check in the device manager the LCD panel info/model?  You better open your own topic.
    Where can I find that?
  • MxDiogo
    MxDiogo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    batmalin said:
    MONITOR\NCP004D

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Oliman2006
    Oliman2006 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey, could someone please help me? I recently purchased the Acer nitro 5 and it said it had a 144hz display but I can't find anyway to change it off of 60?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Oliman2006 you should start your own thread for your question, that will put it at the top for other users to answer. Include your full model number, this thread is for model AN515-55-56ME, which is a version sold in The Netherlands, yours is likely different.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrMarlboro
    MrMarlboro Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    batmalin said:
    I thought a bit about this and all i find out is that : monitor isn't connected straight to Nvidia video card but to the UHD graphics....
    May this cause all this situation?
    Nope, because when ypu play games the Nvidia card is used.
    Well, Norton antyvirus was blocking it.
    Thanks for help anyway.
    Can you help me out? Cause I'm using Norton antivirus and  also facing the same problem of unabling to change the refresh rate to 144hz.
  • MrMarlboro
    Options
    batmalin said:
    I thought a bit about this and all i find out is that : monitor isn't connected straight to Nvidia video card but to the UHD graphics....
    Thanks for help anyway.
    Can you help me out? Cause I'm using Norton antivirus and facing the same problem of unabling to change the refresh rate
  • MrMarlboro
    Options
    batmalin said:
    Thanks for help anyway.
    Can you help me out? Cause I'm using Norton antivirus and facing the same problem of unabling to change the refresh rate
  • Davidmuller
    Davidmuller Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Maybe the graphics card that you have is not capable of handling refresh rates up to 144Hz. I'm using the GTX 1660 Super with Acer Nitro XZ342CK and it works perfectly. Try to switch the refresh rates from Nvidia's control panel and see if it works out for you.