Sharing my experience of communication with Acer in Russia

Options
phapce
phapce Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Dear peers,

here i'd like to share with you my experience of communication/relationships with Acer.
1. Prolog:
My wife is designer of interiors. And she asked my help surching for a device that could help here to speed up the process of visualization at specialized program Archicad that takes quite long time when you develop something rather complex. 
I started my research. And recognized that for such 3D visualization is    strongly recommended to Nvidia Quadro RTX family as the fastest and most productive cheapest. Considering very expensive i decided to limited my appetite and choose RTX 3000 as basement for a new laptop. there are not so much options in Russia available Acer, Dell, Asus, Lenovo. After few weeks very long consideration and  comparisons, i stopped my choice on ConceptD 5 Pro CN517-71P as the best match of price with my expectation. 

2. Story 
I bought this device at official web-store Acer in Russia acer-online.ru  on 05 June 2020. 
Good device 32Gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000, 2GB space, 4k screen. The device is quite fast. but not enough then i expected. Compare to ASUS ROG Strix with RTX1050 that i bought  3 years ago, and that cost now 4 times less that ConceptD 5 Pro - it gives only 30% productivity with the same scene of Archicad 3D visualisation. That is not so much than i expected to get!

Well, anyhow everything was fine, until couple weeks later i started to see small problem - my new laptop has to light its screen down after few minutes when you doing nothing. I though this is Windows 10 problem and simply switch all energy saving systems down in order to avoid any hibernation. 
On August 20 my wife called me crying that she is not capable to reach her new project just made at Archicad because laptop does not want to turn on. 
I was desperate. How can be that device that cost me so much time to choose, so much money to pay,  that my wife using to earn money, simply stop working after only 2 months of usage.
There is nothing to do i call to the store i bought it, they told me go to official service. OK. I did. 
I come to service, give the device to be repaired and ask can it give me similar to replace it temporary. No! You have to contact the store. 
I come back to store - could you please give me replacement ? No! We dont have anything! Please contact Acer. OK. I did. 
Acer replied my nothing!
At the moment my laptop kept in repairing office since 3 weeks already. There is no spare parts! I had nothing from Acer - only small excuse that I got at instagram page of the store.  

3. Epilogue 
The story has not ended yet. I sent my formal clame to acer-online.ru store asking they to solve  the issue otherwise XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. 

This is my story and i hope you will support me, since my wife is eating my brains with small teaspoon because i made this bloody decision to stack with Acer, but not other producer, but who knows what would be better((((  

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi phapce,

I am very sorry to hear what you have experienced with repairing your unit, while we will like to help, the Acer Community is not a direct porta to customer service and we have no access to case information, etc. The device has a factory warranty for repair but does not have a replacement program for the users when they leave the units for repair at their local service centers assigned, unfortunately, due to the unprecedented times and situations we are all experiencing, we do have reports that some service center are also experiencing delays with receiving their lots of orders (some are due to Aduana holding it for longer times and others that simply are delayed due to COVID-19 delays, etc.). You can review Acer warranty policy here: https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/standard-warranty

Contact Store:
    Free call within Russia