Problems with internet connection, Aspire V15-V3-575TG-700T

Options
Joelito
Joelito Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello there everybody! My Aspire V15-V3-575TG-700T doesn't connect via ethernet anymore! It's a wonderful laptop and since a couple of months ago, it doesn't connect via ethernet. I have installed the latest LAN driver (July 2020) and the latest win10 version, used several ethernet cable, set up different routers ... I have done everything possible and it shows that the device is working properly, what could be the problem? 

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> I have installed the latest LAN driver (July 2020)>>>

Where did you get this wired LAN driver? This does not seem to be an ACER realtek driver, but a generic realtek driver. They are not the same. Download, unzip and try the one at this link.  https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Lan/lan_Realtek_10.1.505.2015_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635773831488939382&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE V3-575TG&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    Options
    Joelito said:
    Hello there everybody! My Aspire V15-V3-575TG-700T doesn't connect via ethernet anymore! It's a wonderful laptop and since a couple of months ago, it doesn't connect via ethernet. I have installed the latest LAN driver (July 2020) and the latest win10 version, used several ethernet cable, set up different routers ... I have done everything possible and it shows that the device is working properly, what could be the problem? 

You say that you have “used several ethernet cable, set up different routers” is your Ethernet connection with the cable pug into a wall plug or directly to your router? If its to a wall plug then it could be the wiring from the plug to the router, if its directly to the router then it’s the actual Ethernet circuitry of your laptop that could be damaged or the RJ45 female plug is damaged or its connection is damaged at your laptop side. Also, why don’t you use wifi? Use the wifi card as your internet connection, 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    With it connected via Ethernet, capture the results of a "ipconfig /all" in a command prompt and link or post it here. You may just have the network settings mucked up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.