Can I add an M.2 SSD drive (e.g M.2 2280) to my Predator PO3-600-UR20.Looking to add a 1TB SSD hard

SKSK3123
SKSK3123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 7 in Predator Desktops
Hi! Looking to add a 1TB SSD hard drive to the PC and looking at an option that's not USB based. 

I saw on Acer's website that there is a PCIx1 and PCIx16 slot and wondering if that can take an SSD drive?

Or is there a maybe a different way to add a drive I haven't found yet? Appreciate your help.

Here's my PC specs:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UD.P02AA.057

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• pulkitking24
    pulkitking24 Member Posts: 109 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1061509744.pdf  check page no 22 i think there is m2. slot on your motherboard yu need to find it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I don't have full specs on the UR20 SKU. Which drives come with it? If you already have a SSD then you can replace it with a larger one in the M.2 slot, if you also have a HDD then you can probably just drop another SATA drive in for more storage. That could be either a HDD of SSD. There are three SATA ports on the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Éder_Santos_BrasPort
    Éder_Santos_BrasPort Member Posts: 2 New User

Good night.

Can I put a 2 TB M.2 or a 1 TB M.2?

Because I didn't find the capabilities of M.2 Because the M.2 is new to me, I have always worked with SSD Hard Disks.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,899 Trailblazer

The latter models of the Predator PO3-600-UR20 model desktops have a 1x Gen 3 M.2 at #8 in the PO3-600 mainboard placement caption below, don't known what your specific UR20 model has as the first released 2018 PO3-600 models had SATA only M.2 drives and then the PO3-600 was upgraded to the PCIe3x4 M.2 drives, the only way is to wither install HWiNFO and look at the M.2 SSD slot detailed specs of your desktop from this software or do a Crucial System Scan as Crucial do also suggest their M.2 SSD drives with their ram scan. Good luck

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey

There is no issue with putting a 1TB, 2TB, 4TB or 8TB in that slot. Larger than 8TB will have to wait for bigger drives to be available. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Éder_Santos_BrasPort
    Éder_Santos_BrasPort Member Posts: 2 New User

OK.

And which M.2 model to buy, I know it must be 2280, but in image 1 or 2?

Image 1 has 2 cuts in the plate and image 2 has one cut.

OR do I really have to open it to see what it is?

Thank you for your help.

• billsey

It won't matter. The slot itself has just the one key, so either the single key or dual key will both fit. Dual key SSDs are often SATA rather than NVMe, but some NVMe drive have both.