Acer S231HL Monitor Fire

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer S231HL Monitor Fire? Anyone else have this issue?.

Answers

• ImTheITGuy
    ImTheITGuy Member Posts: 1 New User
    This exact issue for the exact model just happened to me this morning. Imagine my horror when I did a quick web search to find this isn't the first time this has happened. I just thought this was a complete fluke, yet this is exactly what has happened. I have 4 Acer monitors, two of them are this same model. One of the two just spontaneously caught fire today. Again, like the OP, it is a lucky thing I was working from home when this happened or there's no telling the damage it could have caused. I think this is an issue that Acer should be, if they aren't already, aware of. I've been in IT for over 30 years, and this is the first time I've ever had a monitor short out and catch fire. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    This exact issue for the exact model just happened to me this morning. Imagine my horror when I did a quick web search to find this isn't the first time this has happened. I just thought this was a complete fluke, yet this is exactly what has happened. I have 4 Acer monitors, two of them are this same model. One of the two just spontaneously caught fire today. Again, like the OP, it is a lucky thing I was working from home when this happened or there's no telling the damage it could have caused. I think this is an issue that Acer should be, if they aren't already, aware of. I've been in IT for over 30 years, and this is the first time I've ever had a monitor short out and catch fire. 
    I am very sorry to hear that your Acer monitor caught fire, i hope everyone is safe and no damage was caused by it. Can you please send me a private message with the serial number (if you still have it) of the monitor and images for follow up?

Note: This thread will be now closed.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.