How do I connect my phone to the Predator Sense in Predator Helios 300?

Options
runningmillsec_99
runningmillsec_99 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Acer Software
I just purchased the Predator Helios 300 (2020 version) and I see that there is a mobile version of the Predator Sense. It said to connect to connect using a QR code using a mobile icon on the upper right side of the software. However, there is no mobile icon and thus I cannot connect to my phone. Can anybody help me?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• K3n0k0c0m1c5
    K3n0k0c0m1c5 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I found this a weird one too . Install on both, then I think you need the internet connected to both as well as blu tooth on both , also requires location . Which I think is stupid. I just wanna connect locally too scan the scan thing in Predator Sense it should connect. You may also need to press refresh . I tried to contact ACER but only give me option to search for the answers.

• bestwaybb
    bestwaybb Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

1. Update Predator Sense:
      Ensure that you have the latest version of Predator Sense installed on your laptop. Visit the official Acer support website or the Microsoft Store (if you're using Windows 10) to download and install any available updates. Updating the software may resolve any compatibility issues and provide access to the mobile icon.
    2. Check System Requirements:
      Confirm that your smartphone meets the minimum system requirements to connect with the Predator Sense mobile app. Check the app's description on the app store or the Acer website to ensure compatibility with your device.
    3. Restart the Laptop and Smartphone:
      Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Restart both your Predator Helios 300 laptop and your smartphone to clear any temporary glitches that may be hindering the connection process.
    4. Check for Mobile Icon:
      Open the Predator Sense software on your laptop and carefully inspect the user interface for the mobile icon. Look for an icon resembling a smartphone or a QR code. It may be located in the upper right corner or under a menu option. If you cannot locate the mobile icon, proceed to the next step.
    5. Connect Manually:
      If the mobile icon is missing, you can still connect your smartphone manually. Follow these steps:
      a. On your laptop, open the Predator Sense software.
      b. Look for a settings or preferences menu within the software.
      c. Navigate to the "Mobile" or "Connect Mobile Device" option.
      d. Follow the on-screen instructions to establish a connection.
      e. You may need to download the Predator Sense mobile app from the app store on your smartphone if you haven't already done so.
      f. Once both devices are connected to the same network, follow the steps provided in the software to complete the connection process.
    6. Contact Acer Support:
      If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Acer support for further assistance. Visit the Acer official support website and search for the Predator Helios 300 support page. Look for contact options such as live chat, email, or phone support to get in touch with Acer's customer service representatives who can provide personalized guidance.

more info

https://www.finddee.com/troubleshooting-connecting-predator-sense-mobile-app-to-predator-helios-300-2020-version/

This discussion has been closed.