Wierd sound in ANS515-54-563Y.

Options
shiva27
shiva27 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
when i start the laptop on battery there happens to be some motor sort of sound coming from the right side of my laptop but after about 10 or 15 minutes the "motor" sort of sound stops. I thought it was just the sound of my fan but it has suddenly started happening and it never happened before. Kindly help me out.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Is the sound audible in a video recording? Record a video and post it on youtube.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shiva27
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Is the sound audible in a video recording? Record a video and post it on youtube.

The model of my laptop is ANS515-54-563Y. the sound comes only when on battery. I have recorded and posted on YouTube. Kindly find the link below. https://youtu.be/6C2fFm3khlo
  • Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Under warranty?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There seems to be some noise coming from the fans. Try turning off the laptop, disconnecting the power adapter, pressing the power for 12 seconds and leaving the notebook off for 20 minutes.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shiva27
    Options
    Hahaha said:
    Under warranty?
    I had gotten my laptop with a faulty audio jack so my warranty got used to fix that. Does the warranty last for more than 1 problem? 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Warranty is for a time frame not for a problem count, so your warranty should be valid if it is in the time frame (usually an year or two)
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• shiva27
    Options
    batmalin said:
    Warranty is for a time frame not for a problem count, so your warranty should be valid if it is in the time frame (usually an year or two)
    Oh, then my warranty must still be valid. Thank you for informing me! 
  • shiva27
    Options
    There seems to be some noise coming from the fans. Try turning off the laptop, disconnecting the power adapter, pressing the power for 12 seconds and leaving the notebook off for 20 minutes.
    Okay I shall try this and reply! 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    You are welcome!
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• shiva27
    Options

There seems to be some noise coming from the fans. Try turning off the laptop, disconnecting the power adapter, pressing the power for 12 seconds and leaving the notebook off for 2egydiocoelho said:

Hi i tried this. And my laptop didn't start at all for the first few tries. It made the beep sound when I clicked on the power button and in 2 seconds the laptop turned off on it's own. I tried a few more times and it finally started up. But the grrr sound is till there. Maybe a little louder than before too. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you contacted acer technical support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shiva27
    Options
    Have you contacted acer technical support?
    No I haven't done that yet. I was wondering if I could find a solution here . 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur after cleaning the fans?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shiva27
    Options
    Does the same problem occur after cleaning the fans?
    i cant open the laptop on my own because my warranty might become void if i do so no i havent tried it. But my hard drive got corrupted and windowd couldnt boot. It went to system recovery but none of the solutions were working so i ended up  reintsalling windows. I hade sure to clear both hard drives and also fix corrrupted fragments of the drive using " IObit advanced system care" . It seemed to work fine for a few days but after i installed some applications, the computer becamse very slow and i kept getting stuttering not only while playing games but even while using google chrome and even file manager too. Today when i started the laptop, iobit advanced system care didnt start saying its files were corrupt and need to be reinstalled. When i open my main hard drive and try to click on any folder, it asked me to click continue to get "permanent access " saying i didnt have access to open it. once i click continue i could open the folder. 
    i read from this link 
    https://www.remorecover.com/blog/why-is-my-hard-drive-corrupted-causes-and-remedies  
    that maybe the sound as well as all this thats happening to my computer might be because of the hard drive. Please correct me if im wrong with my thinking  and would love to hear what you think about my suspicions.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this noise also occur when placing the laptop on a flat surface?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer