How to fix my network driver? How to fix my network driver?

2»

Answers

• rohithkaza
    rohithkaza Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Actually why this problem occurs in only Acer devices? Is it due to heavy load on my Laptop? Do I need to defragment the hard drive?
    Do I need to repair my laptop in Acer service centre? Will it fix my problem?
    I noticed an old post in Acer community regarding the same problem. I asked him whether he got a solution for the problem, he said "No, the problem is not solved" and also said that he bought a new laptop.
    I also noticed most of the customers are facing this problem.
    Will Acer come up with a solution(like updating the software to resolve this issue)?

If you can take this issue to Acer, please kindly do it. You will solve many of our headaches.
    @egydiocoelho @MaClane @brummyfan2 @JackE @Kno63 @IVAN_PC @billsey @laurent_14 @xapim @andylb .
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    That type of problem can show up on any device, not just on Acer. It sounds to me somewhat like the WiFi/Bluetooth card is having hardware problems. Perhaps the card is in the process of failing or there is some corrosion showing up where the card fits into it's connector. It wouldn't be anything to do with heavy loads or disk fragmentation. If you have a HDD and it's getting very close to full then a defrag might improve performance a bit, but it won't change the WiFi behavior. If it were my system I'd probably just replace the WiFi card, they are pretty cheap and if it doesn't actually fix things it can usually be returned to the vendor. Your SF314-52 uses a M.2 interface to the card, the Acer part number for it is: KI.STN01.008. You can replace it with the same model card or a different one. I typically have my best luck with the Intel cards like your, but you might want to try a different vendor if you aren't comfortable with the Intel.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rohithkaza

Tinkerer

Actually why this problem occurs in only Acer devices? Is it due to heavy load on my Laptop? Do I need to defragment the hard drive?
    Do I need to repair my laptop in Acer service centre? Will it fix my problem?
    I noticed an old post in Acer community regarding the same problem. I asked him whether he got a solution for the problem, he said "No, the problem is not solved" and also said that he bought a new laptop.
    I also noticed most of the customers are facing this problem.
    Will Acer come up with a solution(like updating the software to resolve this issue)?

If you can take this issue to Acer, please kindly do it. You will solve many of our headaches.
    @egydiocoelho @MaClane @brummyfan2 @JackE @Kno63 @IVAN_PC @billsey @laurent_14 @xapim @andylb .
  • rohithkaza

Tinkerer

Thank you @billsey for your advice. I will inform you soon, after completing the procedure.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Please do, I'm interested in the results.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • UDEE
    UDEE Member Posts: 2 New User
    On most keyboards that I've ever worked with the combination of the Fn key and the F key with the transmission picture, usually F5 or F10 enables toggling RF off and on. That did replace the original manual "kill switch" on older generation laptops. It was like turning a radio off. Now its software and that does not always work the way it should. Best thing is to disconnect the power supply by pulling the plug for 5-10 minutes to reset the hardware side of the RF frequency.