My computer dosnt detect new fans

Mickelito
Mickelito Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I have upgraded my Predator Orion 3000-600 with 3 new fans. 2 Noctua fans for botch front and back (92mm) and a new corsair CPU fan but my computer dosnt detect my new Noctua fans and dosnt run them at a desent speed and my front fan dosnt work. I have checkt the BIOS menu and my computer didnt detect any fans there not even the back one. And i have tested MSI Afterburner, SpeedFan and they cant detect my fans to. I thought it might bee the PSU i need to upgrade but it dont sound right. I orderd a new Corsair 750w PSU a upgrade from the 500W PSU i have now. But can any one help me to understrand what the problem is with my fans? And how i can change the fan speed. (The predator software dosnt detect the fans neither)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    How are the fans connected to the motherboard?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mickelito

Its the white one with a little green on it, it becomes like a dual female connector so i can use 2 fans from 1 cable
  • billsey
    Yeah and it looks like the yellow wire only goes to one fan instead of both. Is that correct? Is there another color wire coming into the same connector as the yellow? The fans should be PWM high frequency and the two should be both driven off the same PWM signal. I'm guessing the PWM is on the orange wire and the yellow is the speed feedback from the fan. What happens when you swap the fan connections, so the front is connected to the back leads off that connector and the back is connected to what is front right now?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mickelito
    billsey said:
    Yeah and it looks like the yellow wire only goes to one fan instead of both. Is that correct? Is there another color wire coming into the same connector as the yellow? The fans should be PWM high frequency and the two should be both driven off the same PWM signal. I'm guessing the PWM is on the orange wire and the yellow is the speed feedback from the fan. What happens when you swap the fan connections, so the front is connected to the back leads off that connector and the back is connected to what is front right now?
    Thats true. Your right. I just orderd a new case thoug... with in bult fans and better cooling so i hope that will fix my issues. Btw is the motherbord on the 3000-600 compatible with most cases?
  • billsey
    Yeah, it's a pretty standard size, except for that bit that sits out in front to put the front ports in place. With a third party case you will likely have to cable those in, or just not use them.