will the rtx 3080 fit and work on my pc

skyz10
skyz10 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
hi, i got a predator orion 3000 with the rtx 2070 . I want to upgrade to the rtx 3080, i was wondering if a 3080 will fit in my pc and i also what i need to change to make for it to work . I know i need to change my power supply but is there anything else ? 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, the sticker usually has another line that has the full model designation. I think you have a 500W supply, so you'll most likely need to do the upgrade. It's a standard ATX form factor, so it should be easy to find an upgrade. Just look for ATX, 750W (or higher) and two GPU 8-pin power connectors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Which Predator Orion 3000 model do you have (should be something PO3-600x-xxxx)? What you will need to watch for is the power budget, the RTX 3080 wants you to have a 750W supply, and the power connectors (the RTX 3080 wants two 8-pin connectors). Most card sizes should fit, but measure to be sure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • skyz10
    what it says on the pc case is predator P03-600 series . Model:d18e3 dont know if that helps if not after checking on the net its pretty similar to the p03-600 eb14 . Thanks for the reply , will a 750 watt suplly  with the connectors  fit in the pc  too ? 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, the sticker usually has another line that has the full model designation. I think you have a 500W supply, so you'll most likely need to do the upgrade. It's a standard ATX form factor, so it should be easy to find an upgrade. Just look for ATX, 750W (or higher) and two GPU 8-pin power connectors.
  • skyz10
    alright thanks for the reply i have one other question : will my motherboard be compatible with the 3080 ? 
  • billsey
    Pretty much any of the Acer MBs made since the change from legacy boot to UEFI (timed to match the release of Windows 8) will support it. They're all x16 slots and have UEFI, so should be good to go.