Brand New ConceptD CC314-72G Has Poor Wifi Signal Strength

Options
johndehe
johndehe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I just got my new laptop today and I love everything about it. But the Wifi signal strength is horrible. I'm about 10 feet from the router and only have one bar showing. If I go upstairs I get nothing whereas my other laptops connect fine. I'm certain something is wrong. I'd rather not return it but I will if I can't find an answer to fix it.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    My guess is one or both of the little antenna wires is disconnected, so you are running either one just one or no antennas. If you are in the window you can swap it with your vendor, if outside Acer will fix it for you. If you would like to do it yourself, there are fourteen screws under fourteen rubber caps on the bottom of the case and once removed it looks like the cover comes off fairly easily.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • johndehe
    Options
    That's what I figured. If it wasn't brand new I would have taken it apart to check. I did try updating the driver with the latest on Intel's web site and that didn't help. I didn't think it would due to the poor signal strength. I'm returning it and ordered a new one. I'm crossing my fingers. I'll leave a comment on the update.
  • billsey
    Options
    Thanks, please let us know when the replacement comes in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • johndehe
    Options
    Just got the new one set up and 5 bars on the 5G band two rooms away! I'm glad I didn't fool around with the other one. I'll have to update my review now. In the furthest room in the house I now have 4 bars! I'm looking forward to getting to know this thing better now.
  • billsey
    Options
    Great news!