H257HU Flickering with lines across the screen

Options
BHue
BHue Member Posts: 3 New User
My monitor started showing these graphical glitches this morning. It appears to be an issue with the monitor itself as it is apparent when no display cables are connected. I've tried resetting the monitor but the issue persists. Any idea what the cause could be and if it is fixable? Thanks.

Answers

• Spiderman1959
    Spiderman1959 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a pair of these monitors and I have the same issue as you had back in September. Did you ever find a fix for it? I am thinking it is definitely a hardware issue and most likely the monitor's motherboard. It would be a great help if you found an easy fix and would share. Thanks in advance. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's possible it's the monitor, but almost all the times a glitch like that is cabling issues and interference. Reroute the video cable and perhaps try a different one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BHue
    Options
    I tried using different HDMI and DVI cables with different computers but it didn’t help. I decided it must be a hardware issue that would not be worth repairing, so I got rid of the monitor. It’s unfortunate, but I got 5 years out of the monitor so I can’t complain too much. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi BHue,

Is there any damages in the ports ?
  • BHue
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi BHue,

Is there any damages in the ports ?
    No there was not. Monitor visually looked to be in perfect condition.