factory reset AN515-54

Options
DeleteButton
DeleteButton Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
if i factory reset my laptop, will it remove all the drivers for things like chipsets, Bluetooth and internet
also does alt +f12 factory reset the laptop

Answers

• DeleteButton
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I plan to factory reset my Nitro 5 but I'm not sure what do do with the drivers. I know where to find and download the drivers for internet and other things but I'm just very unsure of how to install them on to the system after the reset. My model # is AN515-54 if that helps. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,083 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi,
    If you perform a factory reset ( Alt+F12), the system will install Windows and all original drivers.
    France
  • DeleteButton
    Options
    when I first set up my laptop the internet was disabled and I think it was enabled by disabling and enabling the network adapter in the control panel. do I do the same thing if the same problem occurs after setup?
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Yes, of course you can.
    France
  • LunaAdmirer
    LunaAdmirer Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @DeleteButton

Try this steps for doing Factory reset :

1. Power off your Acer laptop. (Press and hold the power key for 5 seconds, this will power the system off completely.)

2. Start your Acer laptop, press Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears.

3. Wait for a while, you will boot to the Choose an option screen.

4. Select the "Troubleshoot" option.

5. Click on "Reset this PC" (on Windows 10), or "Reset your PC" .

6. Select the "Remove everything" option.

7. After choosing the option, and you are ready to reset your Acer laptop, click on the "Restart" button to begin the resetting process.

8. Wait for the resetting process, it will take for a while.

And it will remove saved data so you need to take a backup before doing this reset.

Click yes if this was useful to you!!