Stay away from acer they have by far one of the worst customer service ever

Complaint101
Complaint101 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Im writing to warn others from buying expensive laptops monitors from here stay away. If the worst happens they will not help you just search acer warranty complaints and see for yourself. Now heres my experience I bought a laptop for 600 through very of acer which is still under warranty now the laptop was working fine for months and just shut down on me. When i called up acer they acted like everything was fine and sent me pre paid postage details so i sent off my laptop. I had to call them regularly and when they would say we would call back they never did i had to always  call them  and they would  say they would get back to me through emails they never would. 
When i would call to ask they would say the email bounced and wouldn’t do anything about it unless I mentioned it.
the customer service is so one sided, when they say they will call you back expect them not to.
anyway now i was told that my laptop wont be fixed which literally died on me after 4 to 5 months and is still under warranty and was told that the motherboard doesnt work and i have to around 600 pounds for it to be fixed or 50 pounds to have my broken laptop returned at this point they can keep it im going to apple acer swift 3 laptop i bought was the worst mistake i made never again so im warning u if u wanna make  a big investment on an expensive notebook or monitor or laptop dont do it with acer they dont care and as far as i know they rather keep trying to fix broken laptops that wont work then just replace it thats what i have read here. They have made a lot if peoples lives hard im a student and  gonna  have to dish out another 600 to 1000for a new laptop.

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Complaint101 im very sorry youre having issues with the support in these cases my best advice its to keep escalating the issue as high as possible and if it was still under warranty they cannot refuse to fix it under the law they would have to swap the mobo for another also this community its not acer direct support channel in any way we are not acer employees were just normal users like yourself here voluntarily on our own time to help to troubleshoot any issues the best way we can its a user peer to peer community acer staff only manages/maintains it but i will tag one of the acer staff members here as he might be able to explain better what are the next procedures and good luck stay safe :)

@Acer-Manny

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Im writing to warn others from buying expensive laptops monitors from here stay away. If the worst happens they will not help you just search acer warranty complaints and see for yourself. Now heres my experience I bought a laptop for 600 through very of acer which is still under warranty now the laptop was working fine for months and just shut down on me. When i called up acer they acted like everything was fine and sent me pre paid postage details so i sent off my laptop. I had to call them regularly and when they would say we would call back they never did i had to always  call them  and they would  say they would get back to me through emails they never would. 
    When i would call to ask they would say the email bounced and wouldn’t do anything about it unless I mentioned it.
    the customer service is so one sided, when they say they will call you back expect them not to.
    anyway now i was told that my laptop wont be fixed which literally died on me after 4 to 5 months and is still under warranty and was told that the motherboard doesnt work and i have to around 600 pounds for it to be fixed or 50 pounds to have my broken laptop returned at this point they can keep it im going to apple acer swift 3 laptop i bought was the worst mistake i made never again so im warning u if u wanna make  a big investment on an expensive notebook or monitor or laptop dont do it with acer they dont care and as far as i know they rather keep trying to fix broken laptops that wont work then just replace it thats what i have read here. They have made a lot if peoples lives hard im a student and  gonna  have to dish out another 600 to 1000for a new laptop.

I am very sorry to hear what you have experience with your Acer unit and to see that the warranty was not accepted.
    Can you please specify why exactly the service center told you why the laptop won't be fixed?
    You said they informed you the motherboard doesn't work, but why?
    What kind of damage was found?
    See, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.  

Note: If you have support documentation of your case, you can send me a private message with the serial number of your unit, your contact info, and the documentation (case ID and paperwork from the service center received from repair) to have it escalated to your local support, please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that anything will be done or change, we do not have access to any case documentation or make any decisions. This thread will be now closed. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.