Anyone own Acer C250i projector?

Rexlee
Rexlee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Just got C250i projector recently. However I couldn’t find any other resources for some feedback.

1. How to use the adjustable stand?
2. Updated to latest firmware but noticed the H. Keystone adjustment doesn’t work with portrait mode.
3. Only horizontal mode available after turn off automatic detect
4. remote control isn’t responsive 

Answers

• AndrzejL
    AndrzejL Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

I have purchased Acer C250i projector for home use and it arrived today. 

My first impressions? I don't like it... I am returning it.

First bad thing - remote control is very sluggish.

Turned projector on, connected to WiFi (which was a pain the butt because of the remote control and long WiFi password - more below) and updated firmware using the option in settings.

1) Remote control is not responsive. Press the button and wait for it to react - it takes its time, too much time

2) Colors are washed out even in a dark room after changing saturation etc. No matter how much you try you cannot get the picture perfectly sharp.

3) When Screen Mirroring from my fully updated iPhone 11 Pro Max neither Disney+ nor the Netflix application displays video. YouTube works but the videos are laggy and often skipping.

4) When using a looong wifi password after a certain number of digits its not displaying the characters being currently typed in which in connection with unresponsive remote control is a major pain in the backside

5) The screencasting alternative is EZCast app which is terrible

6) Its not easy to set the projector as it changes shape of the screen when you do. It give you trapezoid shape rather than rectangle. It tilts the screen slightly. Not a lot but enough to annoy once you're aware of it

7) When casting to the projector from the phone the performance of the device is lacking

I am not happy with the device. I would not recommend.

Kind regards.

Andrzej